SPRING 2019 LOTTERY INFORMATION
All request forms must be turned in between 8:30 am Monday, October 22nd through Friday, October 26th at noon.
ROOM RESERVATION PROCESS
- WE USE A LOTTERY SYSTEM to assign rooms according to size of group to ensure that all have an equal opportunity to receive an event space. Our priority system is as follows:
Priority 1: Campus-wide events (such as Homecoming, Career Fairs, University Planning Day, Visit Days, Board of Governors Meetings, etc.)
Priority 2: Student organization meetings and events
Priority 3: University departments and offices
Priority 4: External Client Events (Banquets, workshops, meetings, etc.)
- ALL POLICIES, CHARTS, AND FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE on our website for printing beginning Friday, October 12th: https://union.truman.edu/room-lottery-forms
REQUEST FORMS & INFORMATION
Based on the information you provide on our form, we will assign a room that maximizes efficiency for all groups.
- Please fill out the Spring 2019 lottery request form(s).
- If you are meeting every week or every other week— circle the dates you need. **If your group meets twice weekly (i.e. Tuesday’s and Thursday’s) please submit a separate form for each day, as we separate these in two categories, Main Meetings and Secondary Meetings. If you have a special event (such as a workshop or conference), which lasts more than one day ( i.e., Friday & Saturday), please circle those dates on one form. This will be considered a one-time special event. Your event will have a better chance of being drawn as a single event, and not as two one-time events.
- Submit your request(s) to the Student Union Administrative Office from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday, October 22nd until noon on October 26th. Early lottery requests will be returned to your organization mailbox or through campus mail to your office.
- PLEASE NOTE: We cannot take requests for residence hall spaces at this time; spaces may be reserved no sooner than 2 weeks before an event.
- Not all buildings on campus have the same hours. If you are concerned your reservation may interfere with building hours or have questions, please contact our office for more information.
- The Student Union reserves the right to put your event in the best space in order to accommodate all needs.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- The Student Union staff will enter requests based on the usage policies and how events fit best in the building. Usage
policies for event spaces can be found at https://union.truman.edu/room-lottery-forms
- Requests will be categorized by priority and size of group, then drawn at random and assigned to rooms with capacities matching the size of group.
- Any request received after the lottery will be handled on a first-come, first served basis after lottery assignments have been processed.
- All confirmations will be sent via email by Friday, December 14th. Hard copies of confirmations can be found in organization mailboxes and campus mail at the beginning of the spring semester.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to submit spring requests via Virtual EMS until all the lottery requests have been processed.
- Please read and review your confirmations carefully.
Contact the Student Union Administrative Office at 660-785-4186, or stop by our office, SUB 2000 inside the Hub.