FALL 2017 LOTTERY FOR MEETING ROOMS
April 3rd to April 7th, 2017
These dates and details will be updated to reflect the lottery for Fall 2017 as soon as the relevant information becomes available.
- All request forms can be turned in between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday, April 3rd through Friday, April 7th. After noon on April 7th, all requests will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis after the lottery requests have been processed.
- ALL POLICIES, CHARTS, AND FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE on our website beginning April 1st: please do not submit requests until April 3rd . Early requests will be returned to you.
- WE USE A LOTTERY SYSTEM to assign rooms according to size of group to ensure that all have an equal opportunity to get a meeting room. This ensures that student organizations are given first priority after campus-wide events.
- THERE IS A TIME LIMITATION OF TWO HOURS maximum on weekly meetings so that more groups can use the same facility.
- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS – Based on the information you provide on our form, we will assign a room that maximizes efficiency for all groups. Please think of all major needs of your organization; i.e. rehearsals for pageants, A/V needs, etc.
- SUBMISSION: Print off and complete the appropriate room reservation form by visiting our lottery forms website, or come into our office and pick up forms here.
- We draw requests as Main Meetings, Secondary Meetings, and One-Time Events. Main meetings are your chapter meeting or meetings where all members are required to attend. Secondary meetings would include committee meetings, study halls, rehearsals, etc. Please designate your chapter or other meeting where all the members are required to attend, as a main or chapter meeting in the title.
- If your group is meeting weekly or every other week for only one day a week please include all the dates you need by circling the dates on the form. If your group meets twice weekly please submit a separate form for each day, as we will draw these in two categories: Main Meetings and Secondary Meetings. The second day would be considered a Secondary Meeting.
- If you have a special event (such as a workshop or conference), which lasts more than one day i.e., Friday & Saturday, or if your group meets at irregular intervals then just circle those dates on one form. This will be considered a one-time special event. Your event will have a better chance of being drawn as a single event, and not as two one-time events.
- PLEASE NOTE: At this time we cannot take requests for residence hall spaces; the directors have asked us to wait until all of their in-house meetings are in place after the beginning of fall semester.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Requests will be categorized by size of group, drawn at random, and assigned to rooms with capacities matching the size of group.
- After each group has received a space for one main weekly/monthly meeting, all other meeting requests will be drawn at random and assigned, so please designate the type of meeting on your request—chapter meeting, committee meeting, study hall, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to submit fall requests via the website until all the lottery requests have been processed.
ANY QUESTIONS? Contact the Student Union Administrative Office at x4186.We are located inside the Hub of the Student Union, in Suite #2000.